Sunday, May 08, 2005

Kayaking in Halong Bay, but no life jacket!


After visit to Sung Sot Grotto, the junk sailed to nearby floating village. Here we were asked to transfer to another junk Bien Mo. To me Bien Mo was an inferior junk, although they showed a 3-star rating on the boat. But we met back the original guide that brought us from Hanoi, Ha.

They didn't mentioned anything about kayaking until we request for it, and was allocated 20 minutes only. Worse, when I was about about board the kayak, I just noticed that there was no life jacket on the boat. And, I don't know how to swim. I didn't want to risk my life, so finally I decided not to go for kayaking. What a waste.

Beside, I guessed we supposed to do the kayaking at Luon Cave, or some place like that, that has a cave opening at water level that we could kayak thru. Instead, we were only kayak at around floating village, where water was a little dirty. May be it's because both junks also didn't have attached kayak, contrary of other junks.

Anyway, Adeline was having fun kayaking, with a girl from Australia which we met on our first Junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home